Six Degrees of Separation Blogathon
Well, hello everyone! This is a special day because I’m part of the pretty cool Six Degrees of Separation blogathon, started by Nostra at My Filmviews, in association with dutch blog De Protagonisten. After you read mine, you can go here to check out the rest of the entries.
There is a theory that in only six steps you can link anyone to any other person in the world. This blogathon is based on this theory.
So how does this blogathon work?
In Nostra’s words:
As you know I have done several relay races in the past and have heard from several bloggers that they wished they would get a chance to participate as well, but since there was only one baton the chances would be small to get it assigned. So to go with the theme of this blogathon I decided to increase those chances sixfold and assign this blogathon to six bloggers who can then each hand over the baton to another blogger… at the end of your post you’ll have to assign it to that blogger and set the endgoal for him/her, who will start with the movie/actor/director the previous blogger ended with and make the connection to the assigned end goal in six or less steps.
I’m so glad to be a part of the “first generation” of bloggers to tackle this task by Nostra. Hopefully this little blogathon will makes its way around the world in no time!
Nostra asked me to find the link between Al Pacino and Top Gun. Here goes.
1. Al Pacino won an Oscar for Scent of a Woman, which also featured Philip Seymour Hoffman in a small role
2. Philip Seymour Hoffman played BFF to Catherine Keener’s Harper Lee in Capote
3. Catherine Keener was in Being John Malkovich, directed by Spike Jonze
4. Spike Jonze won an Oscar for writing Her, starring Joaquin Phoenix
5. Joaquin Phoenix made his comeback with P.T. Anderson’s The Master, allegedly based on Scientology, which angered Tom Cruise
6. Tom Cruise played Maverick in the 80’s classic Top Gun