Someone thinks my blog is lovely
The beautiful and talented Jessica over at Mitten’s Blog Stop has chosen me (and eight other lucky people) as recipients for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so much, Jess, I really appreciate it!
As I’ve done a few posts of this kind recently, though, I’m not going to pass the award on this time. But, I will answer Jessica’s questions since she asked nicely 😉
1. What is your favourite genre to read? Nonfiction.
2. Which book are you proud to say you’ve read? Life of Pi, because I read it before they announced they were turning it into a movie. #hipster
3. Do you get seasick? Seasick, carsick, plane-sick, bus-sick. You name it. I get sick if I don’t sleep well and sometimes I get sick when I’m brushing my teeth and the brush goes a little too far. I have the weakest stomach ever.
4. Why did you start your blog? I started writing reviews at Flixster and my buddy Mark Hobin started his blog so, inspired by him, I opened mine as well.
5. If given the opportunity, would you like to write for a magazine? Yes.
6. Are you the type of person who is always too hot, or too cold? Too hot.
7. Is your life what you expected it to be five years ago? I don’t know what I thought my life’d be like 5 years ago.
8. Where do you expect your life to be in five years? I have no idea. I’ve always thought this type of question is hard.
9. What’s one of the best things you’ve discovered in blogging? The sense of community.
10. What’s the worst thing you’ve discovered about blogging? That when I don’t do it, I feel bad, like I’m letting people down or something.
11. Finally, do you allow your friends or family to read anything you’ve written? My parents read my stuff when I write in Spanish but they don’t really know English. Some of my friends read my blog occassionally but most of my close friends don’t care for film at all. Weird, huh?
I completely agree with numbers nine and ten. Great post.
Thank you! 😉
Congratulations Fernando, you really deserve it. Your blog is super lovely!
I doubt many of my friends read my reviews, despite Rob’s diligent marketing efforts! He signed my mum up to my mailing list so she gets the reviews in emails. Not quite sure what to think of that really!
Great answers though 🙂 I agree, the sense of community from blogging really is great (although I’m no way near as good-a-contributor to the community as I used to be!).
Thank you so much, Amy! You’re so nice 🙂 YOUR blog is lovely and you know how I love my Movie Talking 😉
And don’t worry. Not many of my friends read my reviews. If one or two do so, I consider myself lucky. Haha, and what does your mom think about your blog?
And don’t worry about not posting regularly. I totally get you. It’s hard with a job and things to do around the house and other commitments. You’re a great contributor as it is.