Children’s games for the digital age
Remember those elementary school days when the bell rang and you couldn’t wait to play tag with your friends during recess? Well, the lovely and talented Jessica, over at Mitten’s Blog Stop (follow her at once!), was hiding behind the huge trash can in the corner and tagged me. I’m it. Now I have to tag 11 of you if I want the game to continue, hehe. Here are the rules (very similar to the Liebster Award rules):
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs
Eleven things about myself:
- I’m 22, I just graduated from University and I have a fantastic (so far) job in journalism.
- My two biggest fears are: 1) someone breaking into my house and hurting me or a member of my family and 2) me or a member of my family being abducted and/or killed. I’m not crazy, I don’t live in constant fear, but if the possibility of either of those pops into my head, I freak out.
- I could alternate between chilaquiles, a burger or tacos (real tacos, not this) for lunch for the rest of my life.
- I consider myself an intelligent person, but I sometimes struggle with telling left from right (I need to think it through for a couple of seconds; it doesn’t come naturally) and telling time on an analog clock (same issue)
- I’m a diehard American Idol fan. I once met Elliott Yamin (the best contestant ever and one of my favorite singers) and I was a MESS. My hands were shaking and I forgot how to speak English. Totally fangirlin’. That didn’t even happen when I met Alejandro González Iñárritu, who I worship.
- Sorry if I seem like an insensitive asshole, but I just can’t stand small kids. Babies are fine, older children too. But when they’re that age (about 3 to 5), it is HELL.
- I’ve said it before: I’m an agnostic atheist. I’m sorry if it bothers some people, and I swear I don’t do it for the attention. But I thought I’d say it again before confessing this: I absolutely adore Christmas. I get into the Christmas mood as early as late October and I relish the season.
- I have no trouble crying with movies. It happens quite often. But I rarely cry from real-life situations.
- My signature karaoke song (also, my favorite song) is Frank Sinatra’s “Fly Me to the Moon”.
- I kill at Friends trivia.
- I’ve never been drunk.
Now the questions from the tagger:
1. If you had to choose, would you rather eat ten pounds of ants or twenty pounds of dog food (dry)? Oh god, dog food makes me sick just from smelling it when I feed my dog, but I don’t think I’d ever recover from eating ten pounds of ants, so dog food, I guess.
2. Do you have a favourite sport? Or don’t watch them? I don’t watch a lot of sports, but I LOVE swimming. I practiced it for about 8 years and every now and then, I miss it.
3. It’s the end of the world, and you’re forced to choose between eating your fellow man, or trying your luck at finding food by travel. Stay and eat, or walk and search? I guess if I were living this situation for real, my answer could be different, or at least it’d take me longer to answer, but right now I say walk and search.
4. Which period of time would you least like to visit? Any period preceding the invention of the shower. Ew.
5. Did you ever write a note about someone, then that person found it? This sounds like a scene from a teen movie. And no, that hasn’t happened to me.
6. What special room would you add to your house? Movie theater, without a doubt.
7. Would you ever play Jumanji? Yes. I’d be scared shitless during, but yes.
8. What is your specialty to cook? Potato salad.
9. Is there a singer / band you’re ashamed to say you love? I’m not ashamed of any of the bands or artists I love. However, I won’t change the station if a One Direction song comes on, and I’m a little ashamed of that.
10. What issue are you most passionate about? Freedom (or lack of it) of speech
11. Which fantasy realm would you most like to be transported to? The world of Harry Potter.
Now my questions:
Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter?
Fruit juice or fruit-flavored soda?
Modern Family, Parks & Recreation or Community?
Britney or Christina?
Luke or Owen or Andrew Wilson?
Francis Ford or Sofia Coppola?
Christmas or Halloween?
Drama or comedy?
Dogs or cats?
Digital media or print media?
Beatles or Stones?
Many of you have over 200 followers but I tagged you because you’re cool. There have been many posts of this type going around the blogosphere lately, so I completely understand if you don’t want to continue with this game (I considered not doing it), but here are my 11 tags for the sake of following the rules:
Amy Moss at Movie Writing
Ruth Maramis at FlixChatter
Paula Guthat at Paula’s Cinema Club
Andy Staats at Andy Watches Movies
Andy Kirkland at The Film Oracle
Alexander Diminiano at Cinemaniac Reviews
Alec Muzquiz at A Door Into Movies
Martin at A Journey Into Movies
Vinnieh at vinnieh
Mark Walker at Marked Movies
Mark Hobin at Fast Film Reviews