Happy Sunday, folks! Today, I’m participating in yet another blogathon (can you tell I love these?), this time hosted by Alexander over at Cinemaniac Reviews, to kick off “Season 2” of his cool blog.
1. What’s your favorite movie?
It’s an eternal struggle between Pedro Almodóvar’s Volver and Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill Vol. I.
2. Least favorite movie?
This is a very hard question, since I don’t think I got one least favorite movie, but I think I’ll go with The Hangover Part II.
3. Name one movie you loved upon initial viewing but eventually grew to hate (or vice-versa).
I loved the Shrek franchise as a kid but I hate it now. Also, I don’t really hate it, but the other day I watched Legally Blonde after many years (I loved it as a kid as well) and it is really dumb.
4. Name your biggest “guilty pleasure” film.
The High School Musical movies, hands down.
5. Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must be a line from a movie)?
“Find me that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning.” – Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep) in The Devil Wears Prada
6. Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must NOT be a line from a movie)?
“In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people’s home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you’re young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then voila! You finish off as an orgasm!” – Woody Allen
7. Three favorite movie scenes?
(not exactly my Top 3 but just three of my favorites)
Remy going through an apartment building, meeting its tenants and finally finding out he’s in Paris – Ratatouille
Daniel Plainview gets baptized – There Will be Blood
Olive and her family dancing to Rick James’s “Super Freak” – Little Miss Sunshine
8. Four films that should NOT have won Best Picture?
The Greatest Show on Earth, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The Hurt Locker, The King’s Speech
11. What film gets your vote for the worst or most pointless remake?
The upcoming remake of Somos lo que hay.
12. Is there any film you think is actually desperate for a remake?
Alfred Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief. It’s one of his weakest movies but the premise is intriguing and it would make for a good Euro-thriller. Like The Tourist if it wasn’t such crap.
15. Best sequel?
Agree with Alexander. The Dark Knight and The Godfather Part II.
16. Worst sequel?
See question #2.
17. Best trilogy?
The Batman trilogy by Christopher and Jonathan Nolan. Or the Harry Potter movies from 3 to 5.
18. Worst trilogy?
The Swedish Millennium trilogy. Doesn’t work well as a trilogy. The three films are very different in style and quality. First one was very good. Second one was just so-so. Third one was bad.
19. What’s your favorite word to use in a movie review (if your film blog does not feature reviews, substitute “review” with “-related post”?)
20. Anything else?